The Social Experiment

This blog is about understanding and exploring what my Grandmothers experienced by living on the home front during World War II. I am going to be living, as best as I can, to the US rationing standards of 1945. This is a social experiment, not only to connect to my families past, but to explore new way to live environmentally and socially responsible. I hope to show, that by living as our grandparents did, we can reduce the amount of waste that our society throws out and live healthier and more simple lives.

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Best Birthday Gift!!!

This year for my Birthday - My sister-in-law took my rationing to heart. I got a lovely roast for my Birthday! A true - 100% Beef (in the 40's often horse, goat, and other meats were sold on the black market) rump roast!

Tomorrow I am going to be making a wonderful Guinness Pot Roast! Um-mm - I have been so tired of chicken and I can not wait to eat lovely pot roast.

Ohh and having it swimming in Guinness doesn't hurt :)

Stay tuned for pictures and how it went.


(and for those wondering - it was a gift and I am NOT counting ration coupons for it!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment